How to Share an Instagram Post on your Story
I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I didn’t know how to re-share my Instagram posts to my Instagram stories until recently. When I learned how, I decided to take the opportunity to teach you how to do it too! It’s really quite simple. Here is a quick tutorial:
1. Pull up the post that you would like to share on your story.
2. Click on the paper airplane icon under the post (next to the like and comment buttons). See first image below.
3. Then click “add post to your story” near the top of the pop up and it will take you into your stories. See second image below.
4. It will give you the option to tap the photo to show a bit of your caption or you can leave it as just the photo and as always you can make it larger or smaller and move it around your screen, add stickers or text, etc. See third and fourth images below.
5. When you post it to your story, your followers can click on it and it will take them to the original post in your feed.
This feature is a great way to route people to your feed and will help you get better engagement on your posts. If people don’t usually scroll through their feeds, you are giving them a second chance to see your post via stories!
Was this tutorial helpful for you? I’d love to know! Please leave me a comment below!